Women's 1920s Socialite Plus Size Costume
- Dress w/ Attached Waist Sash & Drape
- Women's 1920s Socialite Plus Size Costume
- 100% polyester dull satin, velvet, & faux fur
- Sleeveless dull satin sheath dress has zipper in right side seam
- Dress is fitted over bust, waist & hips; skirt flares widely below knees
- Attached waist sash has black lace medallion anchoring drape
- Velvet jacket has faux fur collar, cuffed dolman-style sleeves
- Satin headband has elastic band at back
- Headband has upright feather anchored by knit mesh rosette
*Sigh* Some people just don't know how to act these days. In the golden age of the twenties, there was etiquette for every activity. While it was okay to go on a picnic, you had to make sure you never forgot your manners. If you wanted to maintain your spot in society you had to make sure you used the right fork, spoke at the right volume, and didn't make noises of any sort while eating.
This 1920s socialite would struggle with finding any semblance of high society these days. The raised hemlines of her time were one thing but the torn jeans and tennis shoes of our time would send this classy lady searching for the nearest flask of hooch! While other flappers were rouging their knees and doing the Charleston this lovely lady was leaning with one arm on the fireplace of the drawing room in an established estate, dangling her cigarette holder aloft, and judging anyone in the vicinity who was low-born enough to have fun. Don't feel bad for her! When you're this classy just waking up is its own kind of thrill.
If you're looking for a grand ensemble for a murder mystery dinner, roaring twenties dinner party, or simply something classy for that Halloween get together, you'll be stunning in this ivory satin dress. The cat's meow will have nothing on you in the lavish faux fur-trimmed velvet jacket. Topped with the dramatic headpiece you'll be ready to climb that social ladder. Wait, did that servant just try to serve you Moscato? Turn it away, ladies of your caliber drink nothing but Champagne!