Women's Harlequin Shine Costume
- 100% polyester interlock knit, satin and net fabrics
- Tutu dress has green interlock bodice w/ rows of sequins in diamond pattern
- Narrow purple satin ribbon halter ties
- Neckline edged w/ sequins & metallic gold ribbon ruffle
- Skirt base layer is purple satin edged w/ gold sequins
- Skirt overlayers are purple netting w/ gold sequins & green interlock triangles
- Built-in petticoat of black knit mesh
- Green interlock sleeves have sequins in diamond pattern
- Sleeves have elastic & metallic gold ribbon ruffle at top & bottom
- Sequin-trimmed jester hat slides over headband w/ elastic loops
When we think "Harlequin", the first thing that comes to mind is Harlequin Romance Novels. Which most people in the field of literature quickly dismiss, but let's be fair: after giving the books a chance, most people would likely agree that those books are not only delightfully entertaining...frankly, they're rather educational.
And what's not to like? You've got your plucky heroines who are facing some sort of challenge or attempting some type of charade...who doesn't love having a protagonist to root for? And then you've got some dashing duke or rebel who usually serve as either an adorably infuriating foil to our heroine's plans or become the object of their determination. Either way, it always leads to some steamy conflict that includes tight britches and heaving, plunging necklines, then gets wrapped up in a nice, tidy, happy little bow. Talk about escapist reading!
Now, we know what you're thinking - what does any of this have to do with this costume? A lot, actually! Because just like the romance novels, this Women's Harlequin Shine Costume is utterly delightful. It's basically a celebration in the form of a bright, whimsical outfit: Trimmed with sparkly sequins and metallic gold ribbon, the classic Mardi Gras colors of purple, green, and gold will have you ready to let the good times roll! Finish the ensemble off with sparkly gold boots and shoes, and you'll be ready for a celebratory night in New Orleans...a night where you might get lost in the swirl of the swelling crowds, the dark and sultry allure of the French Quarter luring you away from the bright lights of Bourbon Street, until you suddenly find yourself lost, and about to meet an ill fate...and then! A pair of broad, strong hands encircle your tiny waist just in the nick of time. "Pardon me, Mon Chéri," a dashing French nobleman (what? Those still exist!) whispers into your ear. "I fear you might have stumbled into danger...and right into my heart..." (See? Delightful! Or at least minimally entertaining...)
There are no reviews for this item yet. Be the first to write a review!