Desert Jewel Genie Costume
- Arm Drapes
- Headpiece w/ Attached Veil
- Capped sleeve jumpsuit w/ plunging neckline, zipper on back
- Women's Desert Jewel Genie Costume
- Top: 50% nylon, 50% polyester; Bottom: 100% polyester
- Wide legs gathered w/ an elastic cuff at leg hem
- Midsection is semi-sheer, jingly coin jewels at waist
- Jumpsuit has brocade inset panel on each side w/ gold braid trim
- Headpiece w/ attached veil Velcros in back
You might not realize this, but genies were first written about in the Quran, as a group of people who were able to reside in the physical world but interact with the spiritual and manipulate time and space. The jinn or djinni could be good, evil, or neutral with free will just like humans, even though they didn't belong to either humans or angels. Think of them like the Christian equivalent of demons, but with a greater propensity to change for the better.
There's a middle eastern belief that everyone has his or her own personal djinni, whether or not they have a magic lamp, and if it whispers enough evil into the person's heart, they could act accordingly. Conversely, if you were lucky enough to get a good one, you might be a better person. Of course, when we think of them today, we think of them only as the bottled spirits who longed for freedom and granted wishes to their masters. This particular costume draws a little bit from everything, and might make your wishes come true this Halloween.
The costume is 50/50 nylon polyester on top and 100% polyester at the bottom. It has a zipper in back, with elastic for the pants at the waist and ankles. The jumpsuit has brocade inset panel on each side with gold braid trim. The included headpiece has attached veil Velcros on back. So, whether you've gotten a part in a Thousand and One Nights or you're ready to have an extra magical Halloween, you're sure to have good luck in this show stopping ensemble!